|Optimag P is a pneumatically switchable permanent magnet that can be used as an individual unit or integrated into part of a modular system.
There are four sizes with two magnetic performances for each size, to suit different applications:
For lifting thin material (0.2mm thick or above) or perforated sheets and pressings. This is designed to pick single sheets from a stack.
Generates increased clamping forces on thicker materials than the fine pole, this version is more suited to holding thicker, rough or uneven surfaced products.
Both options are ideal for picking and clamping of semi or finished product and holding items through air gaps*.
- Supplied with high friction rubber facing rings so that packaging and products are not marked or damaged
- Robust stainless steel front face
- Can be used for many applications
- Modular design means extending existing systems is straightforward
- Extremely low maintenance
- Powerful neodymium iron boron magnets ensure excellent power to weight ratio
Control of the unit should be made via a 5 port control valve (not included), automated systems would operate via a solenoid valve.
Lift in safety
Optimag P magnets are based upon high-strength material that is permanently magnetic. The unit itself is switched on and off by a short pulse of compressed air. Once energised or de-energised the Optimag P remains fail-safe and will not change state unless it receives another pulse. In short: if a load is being held when the air fails, the load stays held.
*air gaps = any gap between the magnet and the item to be held. Could be paint, rust, cardboard, polythene or air.