Magnetic filtration the Micromag way
Micromag is used to remove ferrous or para-magnetic contamination from fluids. The unit is especially effective with machine tool oils and coolants.
Re-circulating magnetic particles in any machine tool especially precision grinding applications has many negative effects:
- Pump, slide way and hydraulic seals wear prematurely
- Oil and coolant life is massively reduced by bacterial growth, which can be associated with foreign bodies such as metallic particles. In some cases this stops the fluids from performing their critical tasks of cooling and lubricating at the cutting face.
- Surface finish and component accuracy can also be affected. Cutting wheels need to be to redressed more often, resulting in higher operating costs and reduced profit.
Many state of the art machine tools are still being supplied with sub-standard cheap-fix filtration systems which sometimes are no better than expensive strainers.
Micromag's high magnetic forces can attract even sub-micron sized particles, ensuring that even the dirtiest of fluids are thoroughly treated prior to use.
Micromag is available in three housing sizes 5" & 10" with 1" inlet / outlet ports and a 20" unit with 1" ports.
Benefits over conventional filtration
- Sub-micron filtration efficiency: if the particle is magnetic Micromag will remove it
- No loss of fluid - no oil sodden cartridges to dispose of
- No pressure drop even when fully loaded with contamination
- No consumables required, ever! Once purchased the unit does not require ongoing spending. Operating costs are minimal
- No maintenance required - only operator intervention to clean
- Reduced environmental impact: all you are left with is metallic material which can be collected by your material supplier
- Capable of removing abrasives and non-magnetic material by means of heterocoagulation
- Reduce machine downtime, increased productivity
- Visual inspection of fluid being filtered
Before you consider spending thousands of pounds on your next filtration system, consider Micromag.
How it works
Micromag adds to Honda quality
Honda have installed Micromag at their giant Swindon (UK) plant to ensure a critical part reaches their high quality standards.
Micromag at Hond
Adapted Micromag solves backpressure problem
Adapted Micromag magnetic filters have addressed potential backpressure problems on Niftylifts's new HR21 hydraulic working platform.
Micromag on the Niftylift
How it works
The patent-pending Micromag comprises: hard-wearing clear filter body, anodised aluminium lid,high intensity magnetic core. The magnetic core incorporates neodymium iron boron magnetic material that generates extremely high-intensity magnetic fields.
Fluid enters the housing via the inlet port and is evenly distributed around the underside of the aluminium lid via radial tapered flow channels. The fluid to pass down the outside of the magnetic core where magnetic particles are attracted by the high intensity magnetic field. The fluid then passes through four return slots at the bottom of the core, up through the central return tube and out of the outlet port.
The centrally positioned magnetic core utilises a patent-pending geometric magnetic circuit. Magnets are arranged around a central magnetic flux return shield to ensure that all of the magnets' performance is used whilst still allowing unaffected fluid flow even when the core is fully saturated with contamination.
The 10" bodied Micromag core can hold 2kgs of contamination before the unit requires cleaning. This allows for extended operating time and minimises downtime. Where contamination generation is high the 20",which is capable of holding 4.5kgs, Micromag should be used. Where loading is extreme and machine operation is critical Micromags can be installed on a duplex set up.
The clear filter housing gives the operator a visual indication of when the unit requires cleaning. Cleaning is very simple and is done using the supplied cleaning tool. The units can be fully cleaned and back on line within one minute.
The Micromag range is available from stock. Other accessories available to complement the range are housing spanners, lid mounting brackets, Viton seals & spare magnetic cores.
For further information on the Micromag or to arrange a site visit please call Eclipse on 44 (0) 114 225 0555.